Monday, March 15, 2010

Hello World

I had an epiphany last night that the best way to market my 10 plus years as a Siebel Architect is to teach others how to do some of the things I have picked up along the way, and in the process build a network.  So this blog will be a how to, a repository of 'cool' stuff, and a sermon on design philosophy all rolled into one.  Its audience is aimed to be technical, to understand basic Siebel and IT jargon.

I wish I had been doing this all along as 10 years worth of client implementations and upgrades have taught me a lot, most of which I have since forgotten.  I know that using Siebel, and now Oracle's, support documentation is painful at best.  Bookshelf is organized as a specification, but frequently when you want to do something, you need to make changes to many objects, and there is no subject oriented instructions out there unless you get lucky and find one on Metalink/supportweb.  So hopefully this will serve as another repository of answers.

Regarding comments, I make no promises that I will follow them closely and answer questions, though that position may evolve as I figure out how to make this blog work for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mik

    I just found your blog and i'd like to say, its a very nice start.

    Its good to see another 10y professional share their experience.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,

    I'm glad you like what you see. I felt like a light bulb went off when I read some of your posts about the ABS Framework over at Impossible Siebel and look forward to reading more. One of the things I will be doing is adding prototype functions of my own as I think of them and hope that others that read our work will do the same.

    Mik

    ReplyDelete